Thursday, May 21, 2009

Better May than Never: Hot Crossed Buns

I made these for Easter, there are some in the freezer that I will one day turn into a bread and butter pudding-- but between everyday healthy cooking, Daring Baking, a social life, and my dissertation, I doubt that will be anytime soon (if ever)!



I adapted the recipe, like many recipes I do, from Rachel Allen's cookbook, Bake!, which I highly recommend as a general cookbook for all things baking-related. Hers calls for a variety of dried fruits, but I used raisins, a different combination of spices, and of course, whole wheat flour.



The recipe will go up later, as I doubt anyone is aching to try this Easter treat over a month late!


1 comment:

  1. I am! (aching to try it, that is)... As you alluded to, better late than never.

    ReplyDelete